Saturday 5 June 2010

how does a quick hello result in garden full of chickens?

I have unexpectedly added to our numbers. An innocent hello to a friend not often seen, resulted in a generous offer some eggs. (so much baking to do for the food fair and tea party, i jumped at the chance). As usual, i muted aspirations of keeping chickens myself but not getting round to it etc. etc.... 'well you could borrow those five if you like, i've had to separate them because they are bullying my new ones. They are my hooligans'. says my friend.

I'm saying; ''that's not a bad idea, maybe you could come and look at my garden one day, and see if you think it would be suitable.'' ''c'mon then'' she says. 15 minutes later my garden has been declared chicken heaven and the five girls are duly deposited.

can't wait to tell the boys. Toby apparently will spend 45 minutes watching the baby chicks in his class instead of playing outside. pretty sure he's gonna be really pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment